“Give a girl the right shoes,
and she can conquer the world.”
Queenie’s Shoe Collection
ALL SHOES OWNED BY QUEENIE // ALL PHOTO TAKEN BY QUEENIE // FOOT MODEL QUEENIE
Vince Camuto (Right) Nine West (Middle) Vince Camuto (Left)
WHY DO I LOVE SHOES ?!?
Come on now what girl doesn’t love shoes! I guess, if I had to choose between buying shoes and being in a relationship, I would make myself trip by accident on the buying shoe side, Shhh !! A great pair of shoes can make a woman feel like she is on top of the world. Marilyn Monroe couldn’t have said it better in her quote “Give a Girl the right pair of shoes and she will conquer the world!” Yep, I’ve been fiercely conquering the world forever in my shoes, so it’s true.
You know you are a shoe addict when you have a shoe necklace. Thanks Ms. Barbara for the best Birthday Gift ever
Steve Madden Open Toe Bootie
Be careful choosing shoes with prints. Some prints are just a FAD for a short period of time. These on the other hand will not fade with time. Two thumbs up to Steve Madden for creating another timeless shoe. Ladies, you know we want our shoe purchases to last forever, especially if you spend $100+ on them like I do.
Stepping into to FALL/WINTER in my wheat color Tims. Are Timberlands still cool? Yes indeed. Tims are coming back in a big way this season. Chances are, you’ve seen many stylish celebrities rocking Timberland Boots recently with both casual and dressed-up looks. So if you aren’t rocking them already you better hop on the trend this winter.
ABOUT – The Timberland Classic Boots are perfect for keeping your eet dry and comfortable all year long. Product Features:Premium full-grain leather upper for comfort and durabilityDirect-attach, seam-sealed waterproof construction keeps your feet dry in any weatherPadded collar gives a comfortable fit around the ankle and helps keep out debrisDurable laces with Taslan® nylon fibers for long-lasting wearMoisture-wicking textile lining and footbed coverRustproof hardware for durability and authenticityEVA footbed for lightweight cushioning and shock absorptionSteel shank for arch support300 grams of insulation in the linings for warmthRubber lug outsole for traction and durability.
What can you do to prevent foot problems ?
Years of wear and tear can be hard on our feet. So can disease, poor circulation, improperly trimmed toenails, and wearing shoes that don’t fit properly. Problems with our feet can be the first sign of more serious medical conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, and nerve and circulatory disorders.
- Practice good foot care.
- Check your feet regularly, or have a member of your family check them. Podiatrists and primary care doctors (internists and family practitioners) are qualified to treat most foot problems. Sometimes the special skills of an orthopedic surgeon or dermatologist are needed.
- It also helps to keep blood circulating to your feet as much as possible. Do this by putting your feet up when you are sitting or lying down, stretching if you’ve had to sit for a long while, walking, having a gentle foot massage, or taking a warm foot bath. Try to avoid pressure from shoes that don’t fit right.
- Try not to expose your feet to cold temperatures.
- Don’t sit for long periods of time (especially with your legs crossed).
- Don’t smoke.
ALFA BOUNCE by Adidas
The Adidas AlphaBounce is a solid choice when it comes to running and casual walking. It’s neutral shoe that’s even going to function well when it comes to sports. It brings reliable cushioning that’s springy and flexible. Even the upper is flexible and soft, yet it is able to cover the foot securely.
10 Tips for a Good Shoe Fit !
Wearing comfortable shoes that fit well can prevent many foot ailments. Here are ten tips for getting a proper shoe fit:
Photo Credit and Foot Model Queenie
- The size of your feet changes as you grow older so always have your feet measured before buying shoes. The best time to measure your feet is at the end of the day when your feet are largest.
- Most of us have one foot that is larger than the other, so fit your shoe to your larger foot.
- Don’t select shoes by the size marked inside the shoe but by how the shoe fits your foot.
- Select a shoe that is shaped like your foot.
- During the fitting process, make sure there is enough space (3/8″ to 1/2″) for your longest toe at the end of each shoe when you are standing up.
- Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably into the widest part of the shoe.
- Don’t buy shoes that feel too tight and expect them to stretch to fit.
- Your heel should fit comfortably in the shoe with a minimum amount of slipping – the shoes should not ride up and down on your heel when you walk.
- Walk in the shoes to make sure they fit and feel right. Then take them home and spend some time walking on carpet to make sure the fit is a good one.
- The upper part of the shoes should be made of a soft, flexible material to match the shape of your foot. Shoes made of leather can reduce the possibility of skin irritations. Soles should provide solid footing and not be slippery. Thick soles cushion your feet when walking on hard surfaces. Low-heeled shoes are more comfortable, safer, and less damaging than high-heeled shoes.
Some of the above information has been provided with the kind permission
of the The National Institutes of Health (www.nih.gov).