Rakim Mayers (born October 3, 1988), better known by his stage name ASAP Rocky (stylized as A$AP Rocky), is an American rapper, songwriter, record producer, record executive, director, actor and model from the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York. He is a member of the hip hop group A$AP Mob, from which he adopted his moniker.
Rocky released his debut mixtape Live. Love. A$AP, in 2011 to critical acclaim. The success of his mixtape led to a record deal with Polo Grounds Music, RCA Records, and Sony Music Entertainment. He subsequently recorded his 2013 debut album Long. Live. A$AP, which was also well received by critics and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200. In 2015, Rocky released his second studio album titled At. Long. Last. A$AP. The album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, making it Rocky’s second consecutive album to debut at number one and has received positive reviews from music critics.
Rocky has also directed music videos for himself, Danny Brown and other A$AP Mob members. He is also a noted record producer, producing under the pseudonym Lord Flacko.
Jidenna (Classic Man)
Jidenna Theodore Mobisson (born May 4, 1985), better known by his stage name Jidenna, is an American hip hop recording artist and record producer. In 2015, Jidenna released two singles, “Classic Man” and “Yoga”, promoting Janelle Monáe’s label Wondaland Records’ compilation EP The Eephus with Epic Records. His debut album, The Chief was released on February 17, 2017.
Mary J. Blige
Mary Jane Blige (born January 11, 1971) is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, model, record producer and actress. Starting her career as a backing singer on Uptown Records in 1989, Blige released her first album, What’s the 411?, in 1992, and has released 13 studio albums since and made over 150 guest appearances on other albums and soundtracks.
Just a few fun facts below about the Queen of Hip Hop:
- A recipient of nine Grammy Awards, in addition to receiving a record of thirty Grammy nominations.
- Mary J. Blige is one of few entertainers in history to have eight or more albums to reach multi-platinum status.
- Billboard ranked Blige as the most successful female R&B artist of the past 25 years.
- She received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her musical contribution to the film The Help.
- Blige’s mother was an avid fan of the philly soul, soul and R&B sound and constantly spun Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight, Patti LaBelle, Chaka Khan, and Jean Carne records when Blige was a child.
- Mary J. Blige spent her early years in Richmond Hill, Georgia, where she sang in a Pentecostal church.
- When first introducing Mary J. Blige to Uptown Executives at a convention, Sean Combs originally nicknamed Blige the “Queen of Ghetto Love”. However, Andre Harrell, Combs’s supervisor, found the name unsatisfactory and subsequently dubbed her the “Queen of Hip-Hop Soul”.
Rihanna performance fashion is 🔥
Did you know that Rihanna is just a middle name of ‘Robyn Rihanna Fenty’? She was called Rihanna only after she became a big star.
Just a few fun facts !!
- It was famous rapper and producer Jay-Z who signed Rihanna for her 6 album contract. Now we know who to thank for all the wonderful songs by RiRi.
- In the year 2006, Rihanna created “Believe” foundation to treat the terminally ill children. A star with a big heart.
- Rihanna won a talent show for her rendition of Mariah Carey’s “Hero.”
Her first single “Pin De Replay” hit the Top Five in the Billboard Chart.
- Rihanna’s first number one hit was “S.O.S. (Rescue Me)”. She hasn’t stopped since then.
Rihanna won her first Grammy for her song “Umbrella,” a collaboration with Jay-Z.
He is an American singer-songwriter, rapper, and record producer. Williams was born on April 5, 1973, in Virginia Beach, VA.
Just a few Fun Facts !!
- He used to get called “oreo” as a kid because he was black but hung out with white kids.
- Pharrell’s grandmother was the one who encouraged him to get serious about music.
- He met Chad Hugo at a band camp in seventh grade.
- Pharrell got the nickname Skateboard P because of his love for skateboarding during his teenage years.
- He and Chad Hugo were discovered by Teddy Riley at a high school talent show.